We believe that EJC is distinctive in its approach to providing technology support services to small and medium sized businesses because we successfully combine these key factors
- A systematic and reliable approach
- Sustained personal relationships with clients
- Communication in Plain English
- Advice that is honest and appropriate
Customers enjoy superior reliability and security with EJC, allowing them to focus their efforts on other more productive areas.
In our experience a common problem for small and medium sized businesses is that many IT support and services companies do not follow a consistent methodology and therefore these customers receive varying quality of work and service.
- System documentation is limited or non-existent
- Clients often do not have timely access to administrative usernames and passwords when required
- System management is reactive rather than truly proactive
- System tend to operate poorly or be unreliable
- Support and management costs escalate over time with no increase in business benefit
With such variation, customers lack confidence in their systems and their technology partners.
All EJC services are delivered using the same core systematic approach. This improves the Security, Reliability and Performance of your technology.
Our systematic approach combines regular checks, careful documentation and a proven methodology. EJC methodology is a documented approach for performing activities in a coherent, consistent, accountable, and repeatable manner.
This approach helps identify and resolve problems before they become significant, successfully reducing the incidence of downtime and speeding the diagnosis of other problems. It ensures that our customers experience real improvements in reliability allowing them to get on with their business.
We monitor and manage your systems and networks with a combination of sophisticated 24/7 monitoring systems, intelligent automation and frequent management checks.
This approach is distinctive from other managed services because it is truly proactive. Successfully reducing the incidence of downtime and speeding the diagnosis of problems, it ensures that your vital networks and systems are operating at peak performance and maximising availability.
Our experience with our existing clients is that it allows us to act to resolve problems before they become significant and reduces the incidence of system downtime and catastrophic failures.
Key components of our approach
24/7 Monitoring of your key systems and services to identify and resolve problems at an early stage
- Internet Connections
- Network equipment (Firewalls, Routers and Switches)
Frequent Management Checks to ensure continued reliable performance
- Server performance
- Patch management systems
Periodic Technology Review
- Discussion with management of changes in organisations requirements and business processes
- Presentation of opportunities and solutions together with budgets and timescales
Design and Installation
Our approach to system and infrastructure design is based upon industry best practice such as Microsoft’s Methodologies.
This reinforces our experience from our own client base by giving EJC access to solutions that have been tested and validated through customer deployments. These solutions provide a well-known infrastructure that is built using recommendations from manufacturers, partners, and customers and are based on years of learning. In adopting these recommendations we aim to reduce the implementation and operational risks while deploying new technologies, thereby saving time and effort and giving a solid foundation for additional IT services to be implemented as and when required.
Key aspects of our approach
- Your systems designed and reviewed in advance of deployment to reduce risk
- Standardised hardware, software and services used wherever possible to reduce cost of installation and support
- Systems built to a defined, documented and secure standard
- Applications deployed according to agreed best practice and configured for performance and reliability
- Desktops and laptops also installed to a defined and documented standard
- Reliability optimized by integration of redundant features wherever cost effective
- Procurement of cost effective manufacturer’s warranties for hardware components, giving you security of expenditure over term of ownership
- All installation work carefully documented
EJC understand the issues that we face as lawyers and offer proven real world solutions. I have been impressed with their professionalism, honesty and most of all their commitment to achieve the best result for their clients. I have no hesitation to recommend EJC as a strong IT partner for legal businesses.
EJC have helped us meet the challenges that we face as a growing professional service firm. Our firm relies on the consistent performance and availability of key systems so that our fee earners can be as productive as possible. Therefore we need to work with an IT partner like EJC, who can engage directly with our suppliers. I highly recommend EJC as a trusted IT partner for professional service firms.
The Anslow Partnership
Druces was experiencing recurring performance issues and service interruptions with its [hosted] systems. We asked EJC to conduct a detailed audit to allow us to identify where the issues were occurring and who we needed to work with to resolve them. Their approach was expert, professional and thorough. The insight it gave Druces allowed us to plan and act with confidence. I would recommend EJC to law firms looking to improve their technology service, delivery and benefits.
The quality of IT is vital to Fisher Meredith’s success and the Infrastructure Assessment by EJC has given the firm a clear roadmap and budget to deliver a secure platform that will support our continued growth…. Since we began working with EJC, they have delivered real improvements to the reliability and performance of our systems. Critically, they work successfully with our internal team, providing expertise and resource that extends and complements our own capabilities.
EJC work with a number of our clients and in my dealings with them I have always found them to be knowledgeable and to offer straightforward advice. I would recommend EJC to anyone that is looking for a professional organisation to help them get the most out of their IT.